Thursday, 13 June 2013

2013 New Blogger Blog Hop

Let's Get Acquainted!

Plum and June


Today it's my turn on Plum and June's 2013 New Blogger Blog Hop, running throughout June and July there are plenty of new blogs to discover, my blog reading list has already increased after visiting Week 1's Hoppers. The complete schedule for the Blog Hop is at the end of this post, but for now here are the other Week 2 Blog Hoppers, please go and take a look at their blogs.


Julie @ Jolie Maxtin
Melissa @ Melia Mae Quilting
Adrianne @ On The Windy Side
Molli @ Molli Sparkles
Laura @ Little And Lots
Valerie @ Between Quilts


Time to introduce myself.
Hi and welcome if you are stopping by from the Blog Hop. Today's post is a 'getting to know you' post with pictures thrown in here and there for good measure. All the nitty gritty and random facts about me.

Hi, I'm Sarah!!

This is my Instagram profile, true so true.
 Hi! I sew and love chocolate. I'm rubbish with technology and hate having my photo taken - pulling my tongue out is an automatic reaction! 
  • I live in Wakefield, West Yorkshire England with my husband and our 6 year old 'ginger destroyer'
  • I'm a full time stay at home mum
  • I find it shocking that I'm in my early 40's already
  • I'm left handed
  • I'm terrible at making decisions and I procrastinate for England
Medallion quilt top for Stitched In Colour's Handstitched Class Summer 2012
  • I'm on a quest to be more productive (see above)
  • I annoy myself that I waste so much time (see above)
  • I'm shy, meeting new people is hard
  • Sometimes I say things I wish I hadn't
Christmas order
  • I've been blogging since last Autumn
  • I'm fairly new to quilting, learning all the time and have a long list of techniques I want to master
  • That perfect 1/4" seam eluded me for a longtime, after spending a whole day determined to get it right, I now alter the needle position and use my standard presser foot
1/4" seam will not beat me!
  • I am a starching convert
  • I've spent a lot of time this Spring learning about marketing an online handmade business
  • Why isn't the Auto setting on my camera good enough? Yes, I need to take better photos!
Improvised photo studio
  • I'm a creature of habit
  • I've been neglecting the look of this blog lately - I'm building a new one eek!!
  • I have to have a to do list, I'd be lost without my diary
Messenger Bag
  • I blog for pleasure, to share and be part of a community
  • My plan is to turn my hobby into a small business in the not too distant future
  • I like to think of this as a quilting/sewing blog, but other stuff creeps in too
Clamshell Pillow
  • I'm a useless housewife, I hate housework
  • I joined my first Bee and BOM's this year and I plan on joining more
  • I'm going to Fat Quarter Retreat in London in July
Embroidered covered button
  • I sew on the dining room table
  • I like sarcasm 
  • I want to design my own quilt
A Skill Builder BOM block

Together do. Good Stitches Bee blocks

Aeroplane Bag


Phew!! 
Are you still there?? Are you still awake?? That was a bit long winded wasn't it? Anyhow, please feel free to stay and have a look around and it's a pleasure to meet you all.

Sarah xx

Here is the full Blog Hop Schedule:

Friday, June 7th
Nancy @ Owen's Olivia
Amy @ 13 Spools
Casey @ The Studiolo 
Nanette @ Yeah, I Made That

Friday, June 14
Julie @ Jolie Maxtin
Melissa @ Melia Mae Quilting
Adrianne @ On The Windy Side
Molli @ Molli Sparkles
Laura @ Little And Lots
Valerie @ Between Quilts

Friday, June 21
Leigh Anne @ Ella's Cottage
Stacey @ The Tilted Quilt
Sarah @ Quilt Candy
Jackie @ NW Patchwork
Erica @ Happy Fabric
Stephanie @ Simple Sewendipity
Lauren @ Seraphym

Friday, June 28
Green @ So Sew Green
Gwendellyn @ The Rainbow Revolts
Jessica @ Stitched In Thyme
Kathy @ Kayak Quilting
Michelle @ Factotum Of Arts
Kris @ Sew Sunshine
Camilla @ Faffling

Friday, July 5
Christa @ Christa Quilts!
Stephanie @ Quarter Incher

Fridau, July 12
Anne @ PlayCrafts
Cath @ Wombat Quilts

Friday, July 19
Alison @ Making Happyness
Ella and Nesta @ Ella & Nesta's Little Room
Nicole @ Modern Handcraft
Aylin @ AyliN-Nilya
Kelsey and Amanda @ Everyday Fray

Friday, July 26
RobinSue @ RobinSue Quilts
Elisa Lea @ Lovelea Designs
Elizabeth @ In The Boon Docks
Emily @ Sew E.T.
Em @ Sewing by Moonlight

59 comments:

  1. I love this post!! The humor, the pictures, the facts that I can relate with (housework? What housework-I just need a maid). I love your Foxhollow quilt and your Medallion is SO lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to 'meet' you Sarah! I am definitely with you on the procrastination and housework :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, love your blog, you make some gorgeous things! I'm definitely with you on the procrastination, but I'm getting better...I hate it when I start asking myself why didn't I start this hours ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Sarah, its nice to know more about you.I didnt realize you lived in Wakefield, I thought Helen had said you lived in Manchester for some strange reason! Its a great idea to do the blog hopping (which I tend to do anyway from other blogs I read so if I get chance I will check these out).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear we're twins!!!!! Awesome post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah! Yes, housework is for the birds. I say things all the time that I shouldn't have :) Love love love that clamshell pillow! You have some beautiful projects and it seems like even more in store! Thanks for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Sarah, just confirmed to me once again you're a nutter- i like that! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post! It was definitely a good read. I hate getting my pic taken too, so I like the sticking out of the tongue! Your fox hollow baby quilt is just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha - we have quite a lot in common. Hatred of housework - check. Dislike of being in photos - check (all the ones on my blog feature the back of my head, because the front doesn't co-operate at all!). Sewing on dining room table - check. I really enjoyed your post, and look forward to seeing more of your lovely projects. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I basically was going to write the exact same thing that Adrianne did - except the part about the dining table. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know anyone who likes housework! I have fuzzy furniture in my home. Enjoyed your introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful to meet you Sarah! It's nice to learn all of these little random bits of trivia about everyone! That's what makes this so fun! I despise housework as well (and I'm terrible at it, too)! Your projects look great! I especially love the medallion quilt.

    Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  13. :) Yes, I read till the end and enjoyed it.... By the way, I hate housewife stuff too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oo.. I love your photo studio! Good on you having a little bussiness online.. I wanna do that..SOON! but just need the PUSH! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your aeroplane bag is divine!!! Great to hear more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am coveting your aeroplane bag big time. Love your colour and fabric choices for it. So fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Go starch! I just started using it this year and it's made such a difference. I'm a starching convert too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes dining room table sewing -way to go! That aeroplane bag is great, did you piece thos boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I read every line of your intro! So great. Dining table yes, shy yes, starch, why do I need to? So many questions.. great to meet you on the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the way you did this! I definitely feel like I know you better:) Love your work, by the way. That clamshell pillow is fabulous. I have never tried that one. I am a kitchen table quilter. I leave one spot open for eating:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The clamshell pillow may need to live on my couch!!!! Soooo pretty, I adore the colours esp that light turquoise blue. Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super fun post! I liked getting to know you through all the tidbits you shared. Your projects are great and I am most envious you are going to the Fat Quarterly retreat - I am quite sure it will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post, Sarah! Love the mix of random bits about you and your quilted eye candy in between. I hate having my picture taken too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really liked this post. I'm a big fan of the sarcasm and dislike having my photo taken. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So happy to have discovered your blog. Love your Aeroplane Bag, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have taken over the dining table too! It means we've eaten on the sofa for months. The clamshell cushion is lovely, did you design it? Great blog hop post!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sarah! I think we have some things in common like procrastination, wasting time, and shyness. How did you come up with your name? Good luck with your business venture!! It was nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Sarah. So nice to meet you...loved your post and the spirit behind it. Great projects and I am with you in why isn't AUTO good enuf for photos. (Wink)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Sarah! Great post. Love your honesty in your post. Nice to meet you. I am a new follower. :) jan@ http://sewandsowfarm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, nice to meet you. I feel like I might know you after all that info! You have made some lovely things and I have added you to my bloglovin list to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Does anyone like house work?? I know I'll choose paying with fabric over doing the dishes every day of the week. Which is why the dishes are never clean...

    Lovely to meet you! You have some great projects and I look forward to getting to know you and your work even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your post--I can relate to most of your bullet points :) Also, your projects are wonderful--the clamshell pillow and amazing Aeroplane bag are particularly appealing to me! Very nice to "meet" you through the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great post- lots of lovely projects and great fabric! I like sarcasm too...

    ReplyDelete
  34. We have a lot in common like being full time stay-at-home-moms, being shocked by the realization of our age (early 30's for me, how? what? why?) and hoping to make a little business out of our desire to create pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh I'm a useless house wife too, I'm glad I'm not the only one! The other day someone said to me, "You make lovely quilts, I bet your house is decorated beautifully and I bet that it is clean and you make wonderful dinners every night." Ha ha ha ha ha. Nope. One trick pony here.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Sarah! Loved this peek into your world. I can relate to many of your bullet points. :) Best of luck with your crafty business -- how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  37. oooh I love your Aeroplane bag! Great colors. I have the pattern in hand, just need the bravery and willpower to move forward. :) Happy to meet you, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your Aeroplane bag looks great. I also like the idea of your project list. It is a great overview on what you have already done and would like to do.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I have an almost identical photo of myself that my husband took of me on vacation in Hawaii a few years ago. Your airplane bag is gorgeous! I have been wanting to try that pattern but never seem to get to it (it may also be the fact that sewing through that many layers of fabric terrifies me).

    ReplyDelete
  40. What wonderful projects. I love the airplane bag and the messenger bag. Great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great to know more about you! Your projects are so cute. I applaud you on finishing up your Modern Medallion from handstitched class. I'm still working through the embroidery. Funny photo, btw. :) And I'm glad your terrible at housework...I should be cleaning the dishes from last night's supper and here I am reading blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  42. so glad to get acquainted, sarah. =) we have a lot in common. for one, i can't believe i'm turning 40 this year, too! i like your chippy writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great post! And your projects are great! (By the way, being in your 40's is is nothing..wait til you hit your 50's!!)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Glad to meet you through the blog hop! And I think we all procrastinate!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Sarah, it's wonderful to meet you and see your lovely projects. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I loved LOVED this little introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love your aeroplane bag and clamshell pillow. I'm not a fan of housework either:)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Sarah is so nice to meet you! Great introduction (we have some things in common: I'm left handed too)
    Love you aeroplane bag.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Ha - the quarter inch seam was my downfall starting out too! Now I know better than to trust that awful lying line on the machine... Love, love your aeroplane bag. Awesome job! Nice to meet you through the Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. 1 - design your own quilt! go go, you can do it!
    2 - that photo shoot area is intense! i'm like, oh here's a single piece of white foam core that has a yellow mark and a gazillion dents, hope those don't show up in the pictures...
    3 - i'm a starch convert, too! it was a crazy day when i tried it out!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Girl, I hate housework too! That's why I have the houseboys do it. Works a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  52. From one Sarah to another, hi there! It's lovely to meet you! And I am excited to hear that you are going to FQR, me too! Your work is gorgeous and I am sure you will be very successful. I have my own little business too, and trust me I'm no expert, but feel free to ask me any questions! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love to-do lists as well! It's so organized and tidy, when there's so much in your brain you already have to keep straight and think about. My husband will never catch on, woe :c I love your clamshell pillow, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Your medallion quilt is beautiful! I know I have to take better pictures and your camera set up may just work for me! Thanks for the introduction :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. You sound great fun and I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  56. very nice post, I have a lot of those same traits (especially the procrastination one!). Good luck making a successful business. Your stuff is beautiful, people should want to buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Great post it was nice to find out more about you! You have some beautiful quilts that you have made and I love that aeroplane bag!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I'm late to the party but you've hooked me. Here are the things we have in common :)

    Procrastination
    Hobby to business
    Useless Housewife right here <--
    Foot in mouth on the regular :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think.
I'll respond to any questions as soon as I can.
Sarah x